Thursday, May 20, 2010

"I'm on a bus!"

Spending 22 hours on a bus is not as dreadful as it seems. Fletchabus line was quite comfy and the lady who fed us ("bus attendant"? "steward"?) was super nice. The movies could have been better (that dreadful: breakup movie with Aniston and Vaughan/Vegas movie with Diaz and Kutcher/cop movie with Dinero and Pachino/dog movie with Gere - all at full volume), the food was sub-airplane food and hitting the chicken wasn't so pleasant but otherwise it was fine... Hopefully the same will be true of our Uruguay adventura!

Oh yeah, did I mention I'm going to Uruguay? To spontaneity! It was Kim's suggestion. Having her along for the end of this trip has been like having my friends join me for the second half of my marathon. At mile 24/Cusco I was spent (mentally, physically, and in this case financially) but Kim brought a new energy that got me excited about the last phase, and ideas about places I hadn't considered. And without Viki, I would not have had such an amazing experience in Peru...

"Thanks" doesn't begin to cover it, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment