Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Attitude adjustment: the key to any successful journey.

The hostel I booked for three nights, because of rave reviews of the cafe downstairs and the free wifi, has neither at the moment. The cafe reopens next week and who knows when the wifi will be functioning again.

Had they had a functioning cafe, I probably would not have hit the grocery store and enjoyed the best PB&B (banana) sandwich I think I have ever had, or spent just $11 on food that will easily last me the rest of the week.

Had they had functioning wifi I would not have played with the Notes feature on this iThing and discovered a handy way to draft blog posts while offline. (Which I am most of the time, which probably means longer posts. You've been warned.)

This theory applies to any of life's daily or major adventures. Define "journey" however you want... and adjust accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment