Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Yo pienso que...

... one should not attempt surfing lessons on the same day there is a big surfing competition 20 minutes up the beach. The (non-competing) pros were out in full force yesterday where we practice and it might be the same today. It´s the first time we´ve seen pros, and it´s a
sign that we should not have been out there in the washing machine that was the Pacific Ocean.

I actually stood up 3 times for more than 3 seconds, but in between those times I wiped out several times and banged my knee once pretty badly. (It´s fine, just achy, but I am not really excited about today. Unfortunately I have to go to the beach (a 20 minute walk) to see how the waves are and if we will try ¨lessons¨ this afternoon... There is no such thing as texting my surf instructor to see if we are on for lessons in this life. Hmph. Interesting what we take for granted.

Feeling a bit blah, bored, lonely today. Ready to implement a new saying: if you can´t take the heat, get the hell out of Manta. Might hang out with the other students instead of with the family for dinner tonight.

On the upside, I think I mailed a package yesterday! Well, I left it at the post office, and the lady took my money and all my forms along with the package, so I think it might actually get to Portland in the next 4-6 weeks. That involved quite a process of going here for tape and back to the post office, then going there for copies and back to the post office, and felt like a huge accomplishment considering she spoke no English... Hopefully dinner tonight will go as well.

Hasta. Think cool thoughts for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment