Thursday, April 15, 2010

Early, on time or belated Friday five. What day is it?

I am more than halfway done with this adventure. I haven't missed much "thing-wise," especially since I found peanut butter in Quito and every city since... that was a big problem on the European adventure 15 years ago. But here are five things I miss, that I will never take for granted again:

- my electric toothbrush
- coin-operated washing machines (here it's usually leave a bag, pick it up in a few hours or a day, and pay a lot more than a coin-op)
- tap water I can drink
- recycling (see above, it's all bottled water all the time, and unless I'm missing something only airports and large commercial places actually separate trash)
- hockey (how are my Penguins doing? I keep forgetting to check and all anyone here cares about is futbol)

Originally on the list was "a room with no other people now and then" but I think I lucked out with this dorm room. There are only two other beds, they have both been empty for two days. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment