Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Queenstown, Day 2: "AAAAAAAHEEAHEEAHEEAHEEAHEEAH!"

(That's how you spell the Tarzan yell, right?)

Tuesday morning I drove back to Queentsown and met up with Kim and Jill for lunch at Bob's Weigh (yes, again - chicken pesto...mmmm!). We wandered around a bit and headed over to the canyon swinging place to prep for that day's adventure.

from their brochure - 'nuff said

wondertriple powers, activate! form of: scared ladies!

I can't really describe the experience properly. Probably best if I just point you to a few videos. OK, four. Suffice to say, we all survived and I had a great time.

mandatory round of celebratory drinks

After drinks Jill and I headed to Fergburger so that I could truly round out my Queenstown experience.

lines like Portland's Screen Door or Voodoo Doughnuts

NOM!

Or so I thought. I opted to stay at Nomads Backpackers. This may have been the only bad decision I made the entire trip... It was a total party house, and even though I requested an all-female dorm (which was nice and quiet), the walls were thin and the street party outside went on until about 2am.

I would stick it out there for another night, because time was too precious to waste looking for another place and transferring my stuff, but let the record show two things: 1) I am not a city girl and 2) I am too old for that shit.

Next up: wine tour!

No comments:

Post a Comment