Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Queenstown, Day 3: wine-ing and winding down.

After a very loud night at the aforementioned hostel, a lovely lady named Debra picked me up for the Central Otago wine tour. Five beautiful vineyards and many excellent wines later, I have to give a wholehearted two thumbs up for Pinot Thyme Boutique wine tours! And dry Rieslings! Who knew.

I really liked this one,
partly because it was really good, but also

because it was named "the Viper"


but this one really sold me
on the whole "dry riesling" thing

downtown Cromwell

Debra's vineyard

After the wine tour, Kim, Jill and I met up for one last celebratory dinner and drinks at finz. Great seafood dishes, and especially excellent fish & chips!

last celebratory drink :(

After this I would say farewell to my friends and head north for my own Tongariro adventure. But first I would endure another LOUD night at the hostel... Sooooo ready for some mountain time.

No comments:

Post a Comment